• Rouge
  • Blanc
  • Lafite
  • Chapoutier
  • Drouhin
  • Montes
  • Ridge
  • No drink driving

  • Over-drinking is bad for your health
  • International Rating
  • Tasting Notes
  • Product Features
  • Relevant Products

Robert Parker91-93(2018)


James Suckling91(2017)

Tasting notes
Tasting Notes

Colour is strong yellow with bright green highlights. Fresh, with delicate notes of white flowers and white-fleshed fruit (peaches, pears), delicious aromatic notes, underscored by lovely, smooth oakiness. Palate on fresh and well-balanced on entry, nice volume with delicious, dessert-like notes, mineral tautness and a long lingering finish.

Product Features
Feature of product

M. Chapoutier

The story began with Michel Chapoutier, a unique man with a thirst for knowledge, definitely one of a kind. Michel is openminded and always willing to learn. He seeks to discover and reflect the full potential of his terroirs and let the soils express their true character. That which gives the wines their signature style. This now forms the basis of the M. CHAPOUTIER ethos and our team strives to reveal the very best of what the soils have to offer.

Vineyard & Vinification

Here there is granite terrain formed by geologic alteration, and content carried in by the wind ensuring that the soils are good for water filteration and restriction. The principal soil and climate components that make for great Saint-Joseph wines can be found. These kinetics of slow maturation, give “Granilites” a potential for freshness, minerality and a particularly interesting tautness.

The parcels of vines are located in the districts of Charnas, Tournon and Mauves, mainly south-east facing. The principal soil and climate components that make for great Saint-Joseph wines can be found. The altitude and wind exposure (including the Mistral) ensure natural regulation of pests while providing freshness throughout the summer.

The entire harvest is pressed directly, followed by cold settling for 48 hours. Fermentation takes place in 600 litre casks with natural yeasts. Ageing for 8 months. During the first two months, the lees are stirred to control and limit oxydation of the wine. 75% of ageing takes place in stainless steel tanks to preserve the wine’s freshness and minerality. The remaining 25% is matured in demi-muids (600l barrels) which gives ”Les Granilites” consistency, power and aromatic complexity.