• Rouge
  • Blanc
  • Lafite
  • Chapoutier
  • Drouhin
  • Montes
  • Ridge
  • No drink driving

  • Over-drinking is bad for your health
  • International Rating
  • Tasting Notes
  • Product Features
  • Relevant Products

Robert Parker95(2017)


Robert Parker92(2016)


Robert Parker95(2015)

Tasting notes
Tasting Notes

Colour is deep garnet red, with purplish lights. Nose of red fruit (raspberry, blackcurrant), with a hint of liquorice. Palate on good attack, round and elegant wine with concentrated and gentle tannins. The final is on blackcurrant, raspberry and spicy (pepper) aromas when it is young. Recommended food pairing is venison fillet in a red wine sauce. Roast beef. A nice, ripe Saint-Félicien cheese.

Product Features
Feature of product

M. Chapoutier

The story began with Michel Chapoutier, a unique man with a thirst for knowledge, definitely one of a kind. Michel is openminded and always willing to learn. He seeks to discover and reflect the full potential of his terroirs and let the soils express their true character. That which gives the wines their signature style. This now forms the basis of the M. CHAPOUTIER ethos and our team strives to reveal the very best of what the soils have to offer.

Vineyard & Vinification

The soil is made up of sandy limestone alluvia (with a variable clay content depending on the area), Tournon granite, and aeolian silt. You can also find some poorly decomposed granite from the plots located at the top of the slopes. Hermitage “Monier de la Sizeranne” comes from a blending of different soils from West to East: “les Bessards”, “le Méal” and “les Greffieux”.

The harvested grapes are entirely destemmed, and are vinified in concrete tanks. The traditional fermentation process using indigenous yeasts enables the wine’s terroirs to express themselves. Once or twice a day, a cap punching or pumping over operation is carried out to ensure good extraction of the tannins and colour. The temperature varies between 30 and 33°C. The vats are tasted daily, four to five weeks of maceration are required to obtain wines with a well-crafted, velvety texture. The malolactic fermentation, which softens the wine, takes place in barrel. 18 months ageing, 85% of which takes place in oak barrels, giving the wine its notes of oak. The remaining 15% is aged in concrete tanks to preserve minerality and freshness.